Hearts of Iron Save Game Reporter
This is a program to examine and report the status of a Hearts of Iron save
You'll need Java 1.4.2 run time environment installed before you can run this
program. You can get Java from Sun at:
(Download the "JRE" unless you plan to develop Java software yourself).
What does this do? It reads a .EUG file and allows you to compare two countries
against each other or to get a table of all countries with various bits of information
- Double click on HoISaveGameReporter.jar to run the program.
- Select the .eug file you wish to examine
- Press "Report" to see values for all nations or:
- Select two countries and press "Compare" to see details of those
- Use "Load" when you want to look at a different save game. Note:
you must press Report or Compare to refresh the data
after loading a new save game - the currently displaying data is not
automatically recalculated when a new save game is loaded.
- Fast sorting and viewing of dissent; war entry; manpower, coal, steel, oil,
rubber and supply stockpiles; slider values for consumer goods, supply production,
research, and production; transports, diplomatic points, total land divisions,
total land divisions in development.
- Easy comparision of one nation vs another with details including a breakdown
of all types of units and how many are in production.
- Now includes reports for many AI setting variables.
- Toggle for display of only major nations or all nations.
Download - due to the extremely childish and selfish attitude of many of the
members of the Hearts of Iron modding community this utility is no longer available
for direct download. If you desire a copy of this utility e-mail: Starfire
Research and request a copy.
to list of all available program downloads
Problem Reports / Compatibility issues:
- Note: this is a very quick and dirty program that is highly dependent on
the exact format of the EUG files. It is quite likely there could be errors.
- Note: units in strategic reserve (finished production but not placed) are
counted as units - this will result in a difference between the F6 report
counts and our program's counts.
Comments or feedback please e-mail: hoi at
mnstarfire dot com
- Poland included as a "major nation"
- Improved display of IC usage percentages.
- Major/Minor toggle implemented for the AI reports too
- Bug in not closing the save game file after reading it fixed.
- More formatting improvements for easier reading
- Some prep work for automatically monitoring and reading the Autosave files
- Added the toggle between displaying only Major nations or all nations
- Rounding off Coal, Steel, Oil, Rubber and Supplies and displaying them right
- Displaying "sliders" as "percentages"