Hearts of Iron Province Editor
This is an editor to help make editing the Province.csv file for Hearts of
Iron safer and easier. This also includes some "economic reports".
You'll need Java 1.4.2 run time environment installed before you can run this
program. You can get Java from Sun at:
(Download the "JRE" unless you plan to develop Java software yourself).
What does this do? Our program allows you to work with the "csv"
files without having to worry about semi-colons or getting the correct column.
Economic reports allow you to quickly see the critical economic information
for a scenario. This is only accurate for the 1936 Scenario (partial support
- Double click on Province.jar to run it.
- Select File; Load to load a file (you must hunt down your \db directory)
- Select the Province you wish from the table displayed and click "Edit"
to change values.
- You may click on the table headers to sort by any column.
- To get an economic report you must hunt down your \scenarios\The Road to
War (1936-1948).eug file.
- Easy editing of basic economic info for each province
- Economic reports quickly give a country by country breakdown of the starting
values. Economic reports only award 33% IC for non-national provinces (to
provide an accurate total).
- A country can be edited so that all provinces of that country are displayed
together on a single table with national/colonial status marked.
- All national provinces can be given rubber in a single click.
- "Inc Rubber" increments the values of all national provinces with
rubber greater than zero. The amount increased is relative to the original
- "Adjust IC" tries to match all national provinces of the selected
country to their historic GDP levels in a single click.
Version 1.22 Changes:
- Added the ability to edit the terrain and improved editing of the port zone
(sea land connection) of a province.
Version 1.21 Changes:
- Added the ability to edit the graphic locations for armies, ports, beaches
- Improved GUI layout to reduce mouse movement and to dynamically handle different
- Added region reports for India, England (British Isles) and the Japanese
Version 1.11 Changes:
- Edit a entire country at a time introduced; this includes buttons to add
rubber to all national provinces at a single click and to adjust ICs of all
national provinces to better match historic GDP at a single click.
- Fields in editing a province are color coded to make it easier and safer
to edit the correct field.
Version 1.00 Changes:
Download - due to the extremely childish and selfish attitude of many of the
members of the Hearts of Iron modding community this utility is no longer available
for direct download. If you desire a copy of this utility e-mail: hoi
at mnstarfire dot
com and request a copy.
Download Province.csv (modified version
of 1.05c Province.csv) for a copy of Province.csv with historical economic modifications.
A major change for most minor countries is such that they won't "meltdown"
(suffer economic collapse due to resource shortages).
to list of all available program downloads
- November 16th version has updated GDP figures for many nations & improved
- Central & South America are estimates - updated Sept 25, 2003 using
relative figures from 1950 to generate 1938 appropriate figures.
- Resources still need more tweaking.
- These changes are intended to go along with a change in the conversion ratios
for Coal to Oil and Oil to Rubber.
- Be careful to backup
your original Province.csv!
Raw materials in HoI can not be taken literally.
- Coal - this must represent more or less non-petroleum fuel sources
- Steel - this is a generalization of metallic resources
- Oil - this is the only one that is fairly accurate to portray petroleum
- Rubber - this must represent rare/valuable materials and internal
wealth (agriculture) of a nation.
Our figures are based upon the information in "The Economics of World
War II" by Mark Harrison (most of his data comes from Maddison (1995))
and a few other sources.
Problem Reports / Compatibility Issues:
- There is very little error checking. If you select the wrong file, expect
this program to blow up!
- Economic reports are designed ONLY for the 1936 scenario, other scenarios
may fail or give incorrect results.
- No information from ".inc" files is included - this will result
in inaccurate results for CORE.
- When adjusting values automatically (Adjust IC) round off errors
can sometimes create more error than originally existed (lots of individual
tweaking needed to fix them up).
Comments or feedback please e-mail: hoi at
mnstarfire dot com